butter and eggs

I know it is September because I am reorganizing the kitchen. I am dreaming about egg poachers and pasta machines. I am steaming brown rice and stirring pots of homemade polenta made with the sharpest cheddar I can find. The CSA box is full of squash and eggplant. The rains have come. And I am back to basics. It's butter and eggs time.
I've updated my online calendar. Please take a moment to look at it, if you know I'm coming to your school late this fall or next spring, and make sure I've got dates correct. I think I do, but this time of year, beginning again, it's easy to transpose or mix up. I'll continue to update as dates are confirmed.

I owe bunches of you confirmation letters. They're comin' up. I've rewritten the school visit, conference, and teaching page. Details are more clear (and much more succinct) and the honorarium remains the same.

I don't publish this page on my website, but I do send it to you when you inquire about me visiting. If you want the link to the update, please email me or post in the comments section, and I'll send it to you.

I'm butter-and-egging it in my day-to-day life as well. I'm coming off the whirlwind of the copy edited manuscript, the week at the beach, and the meeting with my editor -- boom-boom-boom!

All good, and all back-to-back, and... well... whew. I napped a lot last week. I'm forever grateful for a job (and a time in my life) that makes naps possible when they are most needed.

Now, full steam ahead. Let me know if you still need school/conference information from me, and let me know if I can answer any questions. Never hesitate to write -- I appreciate hearing from you, even when it takes me a bit to get back to you. Fall and spring are the busiest administrative times and I'm "it" right now, administratively, only one person... a person who is very glad to be partnering with you.

Want an egg sandwich?

2 comments:

  1. I was talking to a teacher & her students about Coleen today, made me think of you too. even though I only met her once, she left such an impact on me! The author that will be visiting Rock Springs this spring, Matt Tavares, once stayed with Coleen in NO. Thinking of calling my author visits the 6 degrees of Coleen Salley author series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lordy day, trying to send this in the midst of a thunderstorm, so it may show up several times. Kathy, I think this is a great club to be a member of -- the Coleen Sally Author Series Club. I accept! xo

    ReplyDelete

Howdy. Moderating comments to prevent spam. I'm sure you're not that. Thanks for your thoughts! Write on, warrior on. Make art.