working lunch

Saute fresh brussels sprouts in a bit of butter, slice and add an orange pepper left from Thanksgiving, s&p, and a bit of water when the whole thing begins to stick. Bake an earnest head of cauliflower. Make a spinach salad with sliced boiled egg. Pile cooked cauliflower and broccoli on top of spinach salad. Make mint tea. Sit next to fire. Consume lunch and commune with the last pieces of your new novel.
Author's note, acknowledgements, bio for back flap... new cover. New cover! Oh, it's stunning. It's right there, on my computer screen, below. Isn't it amazing? You can't see it? Let me see what I can do about that.
In the meantime, know that it's a pleasure to get to this point, the point where it all begins to come together and make a real book. I'm in the midst of the author's note -- it's hard. The bio for the back flap is done. I need to include a bib somewhere, maybe in the author's note. The acks are done. I wrote the acknowledgements first, because I love writing acknowledgements.

And did you catch the new title last week? The new and final title for this book that takes place in 1962, during the Cuban Missile Crisis, this book one of a trilogy of novels about the 1960s? Countdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy. Moderating comments to prevent spam. I'm sure you're not that. Thanks for your thoughts! Write on, warrior on. Make art.