birthing a revolution

Friends, I am Mississippi as I write this. I have an essay at the Nerdy Book Club blog today, about birthing Revolution in Mississippi. I wrote it on the eve of my trip. I am still in Mississippi, with family, until tomorrow, when I come home and write about my adventures in schools, in bookstores, and in my own heart. 

In the meantime, you can read the Nerdy post and then catch up visually with this past week's adventure on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Most of the photos are at Instagram.

It has been an emotionally packed week that has walloped me upside the head more than once, has surprised me at every turn, and has been one of the most gratifying experiences of my writing life. 

More soon -- I'm soaking up kinfolks today. Thank you for reading. Peace. Love. Revolution.

Love, Debbie
The Leflore County Courthouse in Greenwood, Mississippi, the location for so much of the action in Revolution, and in 1964 Freedom Summer.
I met one of my heroes.
Mrs. Jaume's second-grade class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy. Moderating comments to prevent spam. I'm sure you're not that. Thanks for your thoughts! Write on, warrior on. Make art.