Breakfast at Home

I'm off the road. I can control what I eat, when I sleep, how I move, where I go, and how I get there. Bliss. I might even break out the Christmas decorations today. I'm rested enough. I think.

Time to pull back into myself, after so much outward action. Time to regulate... everything. In a good way. Here is my at-home breakfast, most mornings.

Yogurt/Fruit/Nut Concoction
All measurements approximate

Into a humble and lovely soup bowl dispense:

3/4 c. plain low-fat yogurt (Stoneyfield Farms)
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. protein powder

stir

add 1/2 banana, sliced (or a sincere ripe pear)

Next, listen to your taste buds. Add a liberal sprinkling of:
dried cranberries
sunflower seeds
walnuts
or whatever you've got on hand. Sometimes I use sliced almonds instead of walnuts or golden raisins instead of cranberries. You choose.

Sit in front of crackling fire and enjoy with hot coffee. You've given yourself a protein boost for the day, and you've coated your intestinal tract with great bacteria. All's well with the world. I send you forth to conquer something. Your fears, maybe?

I'll join you in that quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy. Moderating comments to prevent spam. I'm sure you're not that. Thanks for your thoughts! Write on, warrior on. Make art.