more housekeeping

Cheers, on this 97-degree mid-September day from Atlanta, Georgia. I bring you news about the transitioning of this Blogger blog to WordPress. The Anthem posts for Chapters 25 and 26 should appear in this email beneath this post. Three today, all in a row. I took Sunday off.

If you are an original subscriber to "One Pomegranate," as this blog was originally called, and I know many of you are, you've been reading posts from me since 2007 detailing the writing life, the creation of various books, finding a new life in Atlanta after great loss, the importance of -- and joy in -- a family of chance and choice, and a great curiosity about how we tell our stories. 

I started blogging in 2005, before blogs were a thing. You can read that blog at my website, right here. It was sent by email to a list Harcourt put together when I went on tour for Each Little Bird That Sings. It is text only, and was archived at my website.



I kept a tour journal, at Harcourt's request, in 2007, for The Aurora County All-Stars. Harcourt set me up on Blogger and I went to town with a daily entry of the two-week tour, complete with a rasher of photographs each day. 



I would sit up at midnight in whatever city and hotel I found myself in, writing about the day and realizing that what I was doing was as much for me as for anyone else, documenting my writing life, yes, but also my LIFE, like a scrapbook.

So I decided to continue blogging when I got home, but I didn't realize I could just continue on with the tour blog, renaming it, so I started "One Pomegranate," this blog, in 2007, which has been renamed "Field Notes" but still comes into your inbox as "One Pomegranate."

I took a four-year hiatus from blogging and all social media, from 2015 to 2019, for various reasons, which one day I'll go into. For now, though, I want to get you moved over to the WordPress blog, where I've been posting these exact same blog posts you're getting in email. 






 I want you to receive them from WordPress. The blog-in-email that will come to you is beautiful, airy, easy to read, a snap to navigate, plus you can listen to the song (or whatever I might include) right in your email without having to click over to hear it at the blog, in your browser... although the blog's homepage itself, as well as the newly-designed website, is gorgeous and worth looking at. 



The other reason I want you at WordPress is I'm working toward putting everything I do online in one place that I alone own, my website. I'll eventually move all older Blogger posts, all 700 of them, to the WordPress blog, along with the the '07 Book Tour, and the Little Bird Tour Journal. 







So. This is my very long way of saying I want you to come with me, if you want to. May I take your subscription email from Blogger and enter it into the subscription box on the WordPress blog?  

If this is okay by you, you need do nothing but click on the link when an email from WordPress and Deborah Wiles comes to your inbox on October 1, confirming you want to receive "Field Notes" blog posts from WordPress now.

And you want to do that, as I'm going to quit double-posting when I get to October 1, Anthem's publication date. The Blogger blog will be set to private and I'll quit blogging there.

You can sub to the blog at Wordpress now, yourself, if you want to, and unsub from Blogger (link at the end of this email) or you can wait until October 1 when posts will no longer be at posted at Blogger and you receive the email from WordPress. 

Right now I'm publishing a daily blog post because I'm counting down to Anthem's publication by highlighting the song that leads off each chapter of Anthem, and giving you a look into why it was chosen, along with some background on the creation of the book, and a snippet from that chapter. These posts will all be archived under #teachingAnthem1969 on Anthem's page at my website on October 1.

I don't anticipate daily blog posts after October 1. But if you still want to receive blog posts after October 1, it will be through Wordpress. (Is there a capital P in that word?)

I think this is as clear as mud. I'll try again another time. This is a heads-up for October 1. I'm going to sub you to the Wordpress blog then, unless you do it yourself before October 1, or you tell me you don't want me to sub you there, which I respect and will honor. You can comment here, or email me directly at deborah@deborahwiles.com.

It's been good to travel the road with you, all these years. Here's to many more adventures together. Thank you for coming along!

xoxoxo Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy. Moderating comments to prevent spam. I'm sure you're not that. Thanks for your thoughts! Write on, warrior on. Make art.