25 books every young georgian should read

I blew in -- literally -- from Mississippi yesterday in time to attend the reception for "25 Books All Young Georgians Should Read" from The Georgia Center for the Book. Each Little Bird That Sings is on the debut list -- thrilling! I'm honored to be on this first-time list for young readers in Georgia, and to be in such great company. A few photos:

Me (very blown in! I literally stepped out of my car from Mississippi and into the restaurant) and Terra McVoy, who was manager of Little Shop of Stories in Decatur and is now assistant program director for the Decatur Book Festival -- it's next weekend, Labor Day weekend, on the Square, in Decatur -- I'll be speaking on Saturday, Sept. 4 at 2:30, but more on that later.
Terra's new book is After The Kiss, and she is also an honoree on this first debut list, with her lovely novel, Pure.

Half the list:

The other half of the list:
Friends and fellow honorees hangin' out: Diane Capriola, owner of Little Shop of Stories; Vicky Schecter (Alexander the Great Rocks the World) and her husband; Laurel Snyder (Any Which Wall); Elizabeth Dulemba (Soap Soap Soap); and Joe Davich of the Georgia Center for the Book.
How long have I waited to meet Sharon Deeds, Youth Services Coordinator for the Dekalb County Libraries? Too long:
Likewise Bill Starr, the executive director of the Georgia Center for the Book:

I was happy, too, to meet Shelia Moses, with whom I'll present at the Decatur Book Festival:

 If you can't wait until Labor Day weekend for your fill of great authors, come to the brand-new, first annual Suwanee Festival of Books in Suwanee, Georgia THIS weekend, August 28 & 29, Saturday and Sunday. Most of us pictured above will be there -- I'm presenting at 2:30 on Saturday (tomorrow), and again at 4pm on a panel. Here's the schedule.

Whew. Enough! Tomorrow I'll ALSO be on the Square in Decatur from 10-noon, signing Countdown with the other Georgia Center for the Book honorees. Come see me! More from there. Have a great weekend, y'all. Get some rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy. Moderating comments to prevent spam. I'm sure you're not that. Thanks for your thoughts! Write on, warrior on. Make art.