ANTHEM is coming: chapter 3

ANTHEM, Book 3 of the Sixties Trilogy, publishes on October 1. Each of the book's 47 chapters begins with a song from the Sixties to set the tone, mood, and scene. Every day between now and October 1, come have a listen and read a snippet from each chapter.

This is Chapter 3 (day 45):

"Windy"
Written by Ruthann Friedman
Performed by the Association
Recorded at Western Recorders, Hollywood, CA, 1967
Drummer: Ted Bluechel, Jr. (concert); Hal Blaine, (studio) 

MOLLY

"The first time I heard 'Windy' I wanted to change my name. I love the Association. They are my favorite band. I love the way they harmonize and all the feeling they put into their songs. // Barry looks like their leader, Terry Kirkman, with the same blond hair, long sideburns, and crooked mouth with the gap between his two front teeth. And that smile! Just like Barry's."




"I want to ask Mom what planet we're from, if she thinks I can get away with leaving home to find Barry, that Dad would allow it, or that Barry would even come with me, if I could find him. It will never happen. But Mom thinks it will." 

The plot begins. :> A girl who loves the Association, and her cousin who loves Iron Butterfly, and an old school bus between them -- their chariot -- awaits. 

Back to Norman -- who does not think this trip is in any way a good idea -- in chapter 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy. Moderating comments to prevent spam. I'm sure you're not that. Thanks for your thoughts! Write on, warrior on. Make art.