all in a day

No, really. I'm serious. All in one day. Outside Chicago, in Lamont schools, and then in Skokie, at National Louis University's CTCB -- Center for Teaching through Children's Books.
An amazing librarian and new friend, Donna Sifling.












These are photos of the set-up at the Center for Teaching through Children's Books at National Louis University. I didn't take photos of the lovely crowd we had, and it was a lovely crowd. Thank you all for coming out to the Center for Teaching through Children's Books, and thanks so much to Gail and Jody and Junko, and -- as always -- Robin Hoffman at Scholastic Book Fairs and the amazing Chicago team, for making this event possible.

And I must point out these cupcakes! Countdown cupcakes! Heavens to Murgatroyd!


It's Mr. Schu! He showed up early, and was #1 for the book signing line. We've been twitter friends, and now we are real-life friends. Thanks for coming, John.



One more Chicago day.  I crashed into bed last night and got six solid hours of sleep.

Boston tonight.  I'm good to go.


3 comments:

  1. you are one BUSY lady!!! I love the cupcakes and Mr. Schu was So excited to meet you - I kept telling him how FABULOUS you are :). Say hello to my hometown of Boston tonight - have some lobster or even better go to the North End to Mike's Pastry and have a canolli - the best you will ever have. Safe travels!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborah,
    Thanks for posting the extreme close-up picture. :)

    -John (AKA Mr. Schu)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! Well, the extreme close-up was the one that came out best. Hope that's okay. Cool that you and Kathy know each other. (Hey, Kathy!)

    It meant a lot to me that you came, John. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy. Moderating comments to prevent spam. I'm sure you're not that. Thanks for your thoughts! Write on, warrior on. Make art.