jonesboro-memphis mash-up

One week, twelve schools, one library program, two states, one rental car, hundreds of students and their teachers, four airplane rides, three snowed-out days made up, new friends, old friends, learning, teaching, writing, speaking, sleeping and laughing and ... I'll let a few photos tell the rest.
Thank you so much to the Craighead County Jonesboro Public Library system in Jonesboro, Arkansas, especially to unflappable children's services director Kay Taylor (above, pictured with me and assistant director David Eckert), who went above and beyond to bring back a snowed-out author to her public schools, and to Pamela Renfrow, librarian at St. Agnes/St. Dominic's in Memphis (pictured seated above, right), who coordinated my Memphis time, along with Mary Frances Moore (standing behind me, above, left), who was such a gracious host -- what a wonderful week.
I got to introduce Countdown, too, which was a thrill. Remember, way back when, when I promised galleys of "the 1962 book" to those of you who had been so supportive and rallying during the long slog to finishing that book? Galleys are here, and your name is on the list. If you don't receive a galley in the next couple of weeks, let me know, so I can make sure you get one.

It's March 2, and it's snowing in Hotlanta. I am home, and back to work on book two. Out again on Sunday, heading to Auburn, Alabama. I'll take 1966 with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy. Moderating comments to prevent spam. I'm sure you're not that. Thanks for your thoughts! Write on, warrior on. Make art.